Lemon Streusel Muffins with Lemon Glaze
These muffins are a moist sweet addition to your next breakfast or brunch menu.
Recipe type: Breakfast/Brunch
- Streusel Topping
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
- The Batter
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Zest from one lemon
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup sour cream
- The Glaze
- 6 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line muffin tin with 6 paper liners
- Prepare the crumb topping - whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the melted butter and mix with a fork until incorporated.
- Prepare the batter - in a stand mixer, cream together the sugar and the butter until light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix until combined. Add the vanilla, the lemon zest and lemon juice. Scrape the bowl as needed. Add the salt, baking powder and flour and mix until thoroughly combined. Incorporated the sour cream into the batter.
- Use a large scoop and divide the batter between 6 muffin cups.
- Generously coat the top of each muffin with the crumb topping.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When muffins are cool. Drizzle with the glaze.