Chocolate Orange Truffles
- ½ pound bittersweet chocolate (high quality such as Lindt or Ghiradelli)
- ½ pound semisweet chocolate (high quality such as Lindt or Ghiradelli)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 Tablespoon strong brewed coffee
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Candied Orange or Tangerine Rind (optional)
- Chop the chocolates finely with a sharp knife. Place them in a heat-proof mixing bowl over a double boiler. Melt the chocolate.
- As chocolate is melting, heat the cream in a small saucepan until it just boils.
- Turn off the heat and allow the cream to sit for 20 seconds.
- Slowly pour the cream into the bowl with chocolate and stir to incorporate
- Stir in the Grand Marnier, coffee, and vanilla. Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour.
- With a #60 (2 teaspoon scoop), spoon round balls of the chocolate mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, until firm.
- If using, top each with a piece of candied citrus rind.
- Truffles will keep refrigerated for weeks, but serve them at room temperature.
Looking for a different flavor try swapping out the Grand Marnier for Chambord or Frangelica. Or perhaps some cinnamon and cayenne for a spicy kick.