Wheat Berry Salad with Blueberries and Feta
This simple summer salad is hearty, lightly dressed and refreshing.
Recipe type: Salad
Serves: 6 servings
- 1½ cups wheat berries, cooked
- 2 Tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 heads Belgian endive, halved, cored and sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
- ¾ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook wheat berries according to package instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Whisk together the vinegar, mustard, olive oil, shallot, salt and pepper.
- Pour vinaigrette over the drained wheat berries.
- Stir in the blueberries, endive, almonds and feta.