Irene's Pizza Dough
Recipe type: Pizza
Serves: 4 6 inch crusts
- ⅔ cup warm water
- 1 package ( or one scant tablespoon ) active dry yeast
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Mix water, yeast, honey and 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium sized bowl. Let yeast begin to activate then add 1½ cups flour. Mix by hand until flour is mostly incorporated, add ½-3/4 cup more flour, kneading until dough is smooth and elastic about 5 min by hand. Dough should have a soft silkiness, but not be sticky. Oil bowl with remaining olive oil. Place dough in oiled bowl, flip to cover with oil, then cover with a tea towel and let rise 30 min.
- After 30 min, divide dough into 4 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball and let rest covered for 10 more minutes.
- When grill and toppings are prepared, roll out each ball to ¼ inch thick and brush with oil to grill. Enjoy!
Dough can be refrigerated for up to 4 hours after the first rising and shaping.