Recipe type: A French Green Sauce
Serves: 1 cup
- 1 quart water
- 1 small bunch (about 2 cups loosely packed) of watercress, leaves and tender stems only (may substitute arugula)
- 2 cups loosely packed spinach leaves
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon capers, drained
- 4 oil packed anchovy fillets
- 2 Tablespoons shallots
- 2 Tablespoons tarragon leaves
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until incorporated.
- Adjust seasoning.
Remember that I have written the recipe to suit my preference. You control the consistency for this sauce with the amount of olive oil to suit your needs.